Wednesday, January 12, 2011

This was from Yesterday! still learning.

I still have not figured out this blog thing! Why blog then? OK! I am under the impression that I might have something interesting to share! What is that you might ask?
Fine. I'll tell you. I am a high school teacher. Big Deal! I know really but not in any regular goody two shoes kind of school.( I am now! :)) I used to teach in a different high school.I taught students who lacked motivation or were simply too poor to care about education or frankly they just didn't see the point. So What?! you might say. But, so a lot. I have seen a lot and things that is worth sharing for example about Max's falling pants or Latichia's attachment to the F... word or Teressa's colorful hair which changes everyday like a rainbow. Yes and to add more I taught them Algebra which is not high on the priority list of a student who doesn't have a warm place to sleep or a caring family to go to. Now what you might ask? There is a lot to be said about what I see day to day to day.... You might think it is worth reading. So hang in there. I'll start tomorrow. But I still need to learn more about the blogging thing. Yours truly, Itchy

2 comments:

  1. You're off to a great start with this. "I have seen a lot and things that is worth sharing for example about Max's falling pants or Latichia's attachment to the F... word or Teressa's colorful hair which changes everyday like a rainbow." I want to know these kids and your relationship and how in the world you get them to pay attention to Algebra when they don't have a warm place to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sherry. I didn't know you have posted a comment as when I got the email I thought you have sent me an email!! C I am really new at this and I left it off last year and came back to it couple of days ago.
    These student and similar kids like this could only be taught through love and understanding. They have a big disadvantage! It is sad that in the richest country in the world there are so many poor families! :( I am teaching now in a very different school this year but have many stories to share about the other school.

    ReplyDelete

Hello

Welcome to my blog.
It will be an interesting Journey knowing I will be writing. I am flying, nope swimming in the ocean.
Welcome on this ride!