Friday, September 14, 2012

Picking up tears on the Sand

Pictures:Vladimir Kush
The whole day I sat in the ruins
Picking up tears
Watching sand pour all over me
The whole day I watched the duck fly!
Fire took root
My whole house broke down to the ground
And the meadows too 
 
I saw a frightened deer in the corner of nowhere
Looking to the horizon
Lost
In the shape of her mother

I watched with no shoes
My wings burn
Picking up tears with no hands
I hid under what seemed to be
A shadow of a dream

“Smile”  I said
I stopped in my tracks
Smile followed
I ran after laughter
I was deaf
I could only hear tears
I coughed blue blood

Smile stopped
I shook its hand
We became friends
Only for the night
Too many stars
It was too bright

 I could only see
Tears, ocean, smile
Me and no you
I couldn’t sleep
The night too orange
My dream too pink
And I laughed while picking tears on the sand

There it was, the pearl inside my heart
I kept choking on
I tried to take cover
The ceiling was too short
The flower was too wild
You picked the wrong flower!
The flowers you wanted!
But I wanted a vase
I had a hiccup
There was a pearl stuck in my throat
I was bleeding tears
My tears turned blue

No shoes and I needed to walk
Couldn’t scream, I had no tongue
 I couldn’t reach with no hands
Run with No legs!
People were laughing
Someone was selling their kidney for money

I had a kidney
We all went out
It was a good night
I found my voice
Hiding under a smile

We sold our kidney
To the boy in the river

The one with no shoes
I hopped and reached
I had my hands
Legs decided to run
Expand
I never stopped
or stood in my tracks
Amazing fireworks
Smile was picking up tears on the sand
p.k

Copyright © 2012 Parissa Khosh

 (This is this weeks poem! :) Thanks for those of you who are emailing me your comments! You can also write on this blog! I really appreciate your feedback.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Welcome to my blog.
It will be an interesting Journey knowing I will be writing. I am flying, nope swimming in the ocean.
Welcome on this ride!