Friday, November 16, 2012

The melody in my mind

Paintings: Vlaidmir Kush


 When I see you sleeping
The strings in my heart start playing
My headache is of no consequence
I stop and listen to the wonder of love
Is it the music of your beautiful face that warms me?
I feel complete
I reach God
And heavens






I smell the rose with the windows closed
Your hand moves softly under your chin
Now, a Monarch Butterfly flies past our window
It’s even cloudy but the room is bright!
I forget the diamond ring that was stolen the night before
The whole room is shining
I swim in a wave of laughter
You wink
I say I love you

 You don’t say it back
You never do
I have not taught you that kind of love
Ours is just skin deep
It reaches within the heart
It’s in the form of a touch or a scream
It’s constant
Always there

The room is warm, diamonds are shining
Butterfly is in the room
The most beautiful sight
The melody is still playing
I don’t want to wake up
The music stops
I must go
I’m late for work.
Copyright © 2012 Parissa Khosh

2 comments:

  1. "I forget the diamond ring that was stolen the night before
    The whole room is shining"

    I love the contrast

    ReplyDelete

Hello

Welcome to my blog.
It will be an interesting Journey knowing I will be writing. I am flying, nope swimming in the ocean.
Welcome on this ride!